Sunday, August 10, 2008

We tried a cookbook recipe!

Infact we (I and my roomie) tried two cook-book recipes. I bought a book called Joy of Cooking: All About Vegetarian Cooking from Barnes&Noble bookstores in March this year. I generally do not buy recipe books but this was available for a low price and looked interesting. This sat in my bookshelf for a long time before I thought that I should put the money I spent to some use.


We started with the dish called "Vegetarian Chilli" which had lots of beans and veggies as ingredients. Exactly, the kind of thing that I really like. The only problem was that the book didn't mention what it goes best with. So we tried it with rice once and the next time with bread and it was wonderful with both. Very spicy and delectable.

The other recipe was like something I had never tried before. It is called "Greek Cheese and Spinach Pie or Spanakopita". We had to get almost all the ingredients listed from the store which included feta cheese, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, phyllo dough etc. This was the first time I worked with phyllo sheets (click here for wiki entry on phyllo).



Both the recipes came out like shown in the book and they tasted pretty decent. I never really realized till this time that cook-book recipes can actually come out tasty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...looks delicious at least.